Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/365

Two years ago, I read in admiration of Zac Chase's commitment as he blogged every day for 365 days. This year he is doing it again. Earlier today, someone posted a New Year's quote on Facebook: A year from now you will wish you had started today. (Karen Lamb)

Well, I am going to try and I'm starting today. I think that regular blogging is what I need. I need to be writing more because I feel better when I write regularly, whether in a journal, blog, or elsewhere. I need to organize myself for more reflective practice. I need to have a place to share what I am trying with colleagues to get feedback, and also to document for others who might find it useful.

So, here we are at 3:40am on January 2nd, but I have not yet gone to sleep, so this will count as January 1. I plan to blog a combination of what I've been doing in my class, stuff I'm thinking about about teaching, etc., but pretty much anything goes since I want to see this through, so I want to remain flexible.

I am looking forward to seeing how committing to blogging every day deepens the ways in which I reflect about teaching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Meacher's Meanderings