Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Who's Slow Now?

We were out and about again, so just a quick token to say that I didn't skip a day.

I saw a great quote today, and for the life of me, I cannot remember where.

  • If you've told a child a thousands times and he still does not understand, then it is not the child who is the slow learner. Walter Barbee
 
Yup, I totally agree. How easy is it to repeatedly teach stuff the same way? It is something I have to constantly remind myself about. We have to use different learning styles, different language, and whatever other tools might help turn the light on for each student in our class. When we refer children to the resource teacher for testing, we should be sure that we have given them every opportunity to demonstrate what they are capable of. I am kind of glad that our new IEP process requires that, to open a new IEP, the teacher list all the interventions and assistance that have been tried. Try it a different way first.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Meacher's Meanderings