Pages

Monday, June 29, 2020

Resurrecting This Space

Over the past several weeks, I have been taking some online book study courses with a group of colleagues. The books are The Innovator's Mindset by George Couros and Innovate Inside the Box by George Couros and Katie Novak.

Throughout the process I have enjoyed discussing and making meaning with my colleagues, but I have also enjoyed creating reflection pieces for each module of the two courses in different media. Not only have I remembered how powerful the process of reflection in a public space can be, the most recent module has reminded me of the importance of being able to look back at my digital portfolio. How has my thinking developed, changed, and hopefully, grown over time?

Well, this blog tells a sad story of neglect. I have not even composed a post for 4 years, and before that it was spotty at best. But, it still exists, and having some record is definitely better than none! I am definitely pondering on ways to make blogging a more regular part of my routine without it becoming "just one more thing." How do you remember to come to a space like this without it becoming a job? 

I'm not sure, what the answer is. Right now, in the midst of emerging from Covid-19 shut-down, it feels like there is way too much on my plat to add something else. On the other hand, I am doing more new learning than I have for a long time, and it seems like this is a great time to document my thinking. For the moment then, I will begin by using this as a collection space some of my notes and reflections on my online courses and some of the learning that I will do over the summer and see where that takes me. Perhaps a better blogging habit will grow out of the process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Meacher's Meanderings